CAHPS Scores by State
Click here to download a table of 2016 Medicare CAHPS scores by state. Scores for reported measures were calculated from responses to the 2016 MA-Only, MA-PD, and Medicare fee-for-service survey versions, and report state mean using both the original survey scale and the 0-100 scale (rounded to the nearest point). States are omitted from the table if the effective sample size is less than 350 beneficiaries. Reported measures include:
- Getting Needed Care
- Getting Appointments and Care Quickly
- Customer Service
- Care Coordination
- Getting Needed Prescription Drugs (MA-PD)
- Rating of Health Plan
- Rating of Health Care Quality
- Rating of Drug Plan (MA-PD)
- Annual Flu Vaccine
MA & PDP CAHPS Current & Historic Response Rates
Please click here to download a PDF document containing detailed current and historic response rate information (overall rates, and rates by mode) for Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan CAHPS.
Please click here to download a PDF document containing a summary table of overall response rates for Medicare Advantage, Fee-for-Service, and Prescription Drug Plans.
MA & PDP CAHPS Survey Case-mix Coefficients
The coefficients for the case-mix of the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan (MA & PDP) CAHPS Survey are available. Please follow these steps to access the MA & PDP CAHPS Case-Mix Adjustment.
- Please go to the Prescription Drug Coverage - General Information page on the CMS Web site
- Please click on the option Part C and D Performance Data on the left side of the page
- Please click on the option Part C & D Medicare Star Ratings Data for the current year
- Open the zip file
- Please click on the folder titled Star Ratings Technical Notes, Fact Sheet, LPI List and Medication Lists
- Please open the Tech Notes PDF file
- Please scroll down to Attachment A- CAHPS Case-Mix Adjustment
Clarification on Scoring of Composite Measures
Clarification on scoring of composite measures for the 2015 MA & PDP CAHPS Survey is available.
View or download the Clarification on Scoring of Composite Measures slides.
This page was last modified on 9/7/2017